Being in a new location every couple of weeks or every few months has made me pretty savvy ” Experience Finder.” Every town no matter how little has had fun things to do and experiences to be had. Even Price Utah.
There are different ways I go about travel/tourist deals, and I going to share my secrets with you! So the next time you are countries, states or a few hours away for a break from your every day routine, think of these tips. They can save you money, and bring to light things in the area you didn’t know existed.
- Pinterest. I love a good visual from other peoples point of view. Getting feed back about their experience rather than reading a travel brochure gives me better insight.
- Groupon. I know this site is super popular, and I have had great luck with it. This site is great for deals, and gives you more ideas of things to do in the area. For intense, we were in Virginia and wanted something to do on the weekend. Beer Festival tickets popped up. Perfect! We like beer, we like food, and tickets were %50 off!
- Trip Advisor. One of my favorites. I have booked many hotels from here. I like how people can take their own pictures of the rooms and grounds of the hotel. Have you ever booked a hotel because it looks sooo pretty online, and then you get there and the pictures haven’t been updated in 20+ years? I have, and its a bummer!
My Travel Tips
- Travel in the Off Season. Sometimes you can’t get around traveling in the peak of the season, but if you can its the best. We went to Virginia beach with our dog Max. Dogs are allowed on the beach anytime before May 29th. After the 29th, they are allowed before 6am and after 7pm. Good thing we went May 15th! Max was one happy pup playing in the sun! No lines is always a bonus too!
- Ask the locals. If you are going to be in a spot for a while, stop by a local cafe and ask what is the best thing todo while you are there? I bet they will have different answers than the internet. I have found my favorite food places, bars, hikes and shopping doing this.
- Do something new. It has always been a wonder to me why people do the same vacation year after year. I have grown the most trying new and going somewhere new. Its good for the soul. Close your eyes and pick a spot on the map!
- Do what the locals do. When in Rome Right!? For real though, when you are in Denver CO catch a Broncos game, or a Giants game in San Fransisco. If you are not a Journey fan, San Fransisco will make you one!
- If you will regret it later, make sure to do it. We landed in Washington DC when everyone was in DC. That’s how it felt anyway. So many lines, and the heat and sweat, and more people. I have always wanted to go to all the museums though, and thats what we were going to do. I had to see the Constitution. We waited in line, it wasn’t that cool, but if I didn’t do it I would regret it. So I am super happy we got to see the not so cool Constitution.